Deadline: 23 February 2017
Producers' Academy, International entrepreneurship models and strategies in the performing arts’ sector (Brussels)
The Producers' Academy returns for the second consecutive year in Brussels and offers a new international training programme focused on entrepreneurship for Belgian, European and international producers in the performing arts (theater, dance, street arts, circus, performance).
Objectives of the Academy (10-13 May 2017)
1) To reflect on and share cultural entrepreneurship practices to support the international dimension of performing arts
2) To learn more about administrative, legal and funding matters related to international collaborations/co-productions/cultural projects
3) To discover and connect with international performing art professionals as well as cultural networks and markets in Europe and worldwide
- Judith Knight, Director; ArtsAdmin, United Kingdom
- Cristina Farinha, Independent expert in cultural/creative industries and cultural entrepreneurship, Portugal
- Dr. Dick Molenaar, All Arts tax adviser, The Netherlands.
- Eva Wilsens, International producer, Halles de Schaerbeek, Belgium.
- Marina Quesada, artist, producer, Plataforma LODO, Argentina.
- Representatives from IETM-International Network for Contemporary Performing Arts and Asian Producers’ Platform.
Chrissie Faniadis, Board member, FreshArts Coalition Europe, Sweden.
The Producers’ Academy is open to:
Criteria 1: People from any nationality
Criteria 2: People who have at least three years of experience as a producer in the performing arts sector (particularly in relation to the international development of their organisation, company, association etc.)
Criteria 3: Producers/Cultural entrepreneurs who have developed or are in the process of developing innovative way(s) to support creation in an international dimension and/or with a trans-sectorial approach (performing arts and social engagement, performing arts and climate change issues etc.)
Criteria 4: The event will be held exclusively in English. Therefore, participants need to be able to understand, communicate and dream in English.
There is a limited funding allocation for travels and/or accommodation for participants who need it.
For more information, please click here.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 15 NOVEMBER 2017 SUBMIT ALL MATERIAL TO: ARTWORK@MCFOUND.ORG The Mastercard Foundation is an independent, private founda...read More
Please note that this opportunity is only open to French speakers. DATE LIMITE DE CANDIDATURE: Lundi 30 octobre 2017 à 0h00 L’Université Seng...read More
Deadline: 27 October 2017 Arterial Network, a pan-African network of artists, organisations and institutions engaged in the African creative sec...read More