4TH PROTEST ARTS INTERNATIONAL FESTIVALNEWS
Deadline 30 May 2012
Savanna Trust in collaboration with the University of Zimbabwe TheatreArts Department invites artists, media experts, civic society leaders,academics and human rights activist to submit abstracts andperformance/exhibition/film/workshop proposals for the 4th protest ArtsInternational Festival. The theme for this year is "Protest Arts,Culture and Democracy: Imagining and inventing the future."
Festival symposium sub-theme:
- Crisisprotest arts and democratic engagement
- Imagining alternative spaces, venues and audiences for protest arts
- Protest arts, innovation and aesthetic excellence for the 21stCentury
- The media and protest arts: prospects and challenges for the future
- Aesthetics of protest and the politics of transition andconstitution-making process
- Protest arts and the struggle of the everyday: gender, race,ethnicity and classism
- Artistic/aesthetic dimensions of protest marches anddemonstrations: Prospects and challenges
- Globalisation and Protest Arts: The present and the future
- Arts, culture, religion and the prophetic voice for democracy
Submission of abstracts of performance/workshop/exhibition proposalsAbstracts and proposals of between 200 and 350 words should bee-mailed, not later than 30 May 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.savannatrust.org
Note: Due to overwhelming interest in the festival the organisers areunable to fund travel and accommodation for all successful regional andinternational participants. However, the festival will assistprospective participants who want support letters etc to secure ownfunding.